Valves and Fittings
Single and double air valves
Protecting pipelines from adverse effects caused by air accumulation
Single and double air valves protect pipelines from the adverse effects caused by the accumulation of air in high points or at odd points in the networks.
- Total or partial interruption of the flow by the presence of an air pocket in a high point of the network;
- Water hammer due to the depressurisation of the pocket of air or its displacement within the pipes; and
- Loss of prime in pumps and traps.
Single air valves
Single air valves allow low flow degassing of air that has accumulated in the highest points of pipelines that are in operation (0.3 bar). They are available with four different types of connectivity: with or without a flange, with a valve and with no particular specificity.
- Low flow single air valve: PFA 10, 16 and 25 bar
- Single air valve: multiple drilling flange DN 405060, PFA 10,16 and 25 bar
- High pressure single air valve: DN 100, PFA 40 bar
Double air valves
Double air valves have three functions:
- Evacuation of air at a high flow rate when pipes are being filled;
- Intake of air at a high flow rate when pipelines are being drained (protection of the network against a pressure drop in the pipelines in the case of a main being broken); and
- Degassing at a low flow rate when in operation.
- VENTEX: with sectioning check valve, flange and integrated isolating valve. Available in DN 60, 80, 100, 150 and 200 with PFA of 10, 16 and 25 bar.
- Triple function air valve: without sectioning check valve or isolating valve and with flange. Available in DN 60, 80, 100, 150 and 200 with PFA of 10, 16 and 25 bar.